Saturday, January 14, 2012




2012 did not exactly start the way I had hoped. I woke up on the 4th and felt like someone sucked the life out of me and then ran me over. That same night Abigail began throwing up and for the next six days all I did was sleep. Not a very prosperous start to the New Year. You would think I could get some art created since I was lying around, nope that didn’t happen even my arms ached and were tired. This past Tuesday Abbey went back to school and when I came home from taking her I crawled into bed slept. Tuesday was the last day I took a nap!


Thankfully when I woke up Wednesday I felt so much better. I had gotten a water color set when I was sick and I was super excited to try it out. I have not created in water color since college and I really want to learn to work with this beautiful medium. The plan was to sit all afternoon and play when Abbey was at school that did not happen. Isabel decided to find a dead mouse in the backyard and roll in it. She thought she smelled pretty I did not, Yuk. So while Abbey was at school had to wash the pooch it was fabulous!




I woke up at 5 Thursday so I would have a chance to paint in peace. My kids have radar because by 6 it was can I have a snack, and bickering and the TV was on. Thursday was a whirlwind of taking Christmas decorations down, cleaning, laundry, playing with Abbey, home work, and dinner. Michael was out of town Wednesday, Thursday and Friday, I hate when he is gone. I always tease him and say he doesn’t do much, but it is nice to have another grown up here to battle the children.



I woke early yesterday and did some more work on the owl family piece. This is the first water color I have done since collage. What do you think? I find it relaxing and calming to work in. I love acrylic and colored pencil because how bold they are, so I am trying to adapt the watercolor to fit my style. I would really love to hear some feedback, good or bad. I think that is the only way I will get better.




Along with playing with the water colors yesterday Michael and I finally went out to dinner for our anniversary, it was really nice. I can’t remember the last time we went to dinner together. I also took Abbey to see Beauty and The Beast in the theater. If you have a little girl or a little boy who likes Beauty and the Beast go see it! It was so good! I love that movie and it was so special to see it with Abigail.

Have a great weekend!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments. I like knowing that I am talking to someone other than myself for a change.