Sunday, January 15, 2012

My First Water Color ...


I completed my first water color painting this morning. Meet my Owl Family! They were inspired by an owl family at our local zoo. Our local zoo takes in injured birds that cannot be released back into the wild. They acquired a baby barn owl and placed him in with the two barn owls they already had so the older owls could take care of him, they are so sweet. Every time we go to the zoo they are huddled together.






I was a little nervous to try water colors. They are very different from acrylic. Acrylic is forgiving when you make a mistake, water color is not. I am happy with how the painting came out. I am going to make prints and cards featuring this colorful family this week. I am also hoping to finish a collage I started, list some new items in my Etsy shop and clean my studio. I am crossing my fingers I have enough time to finish my to do list!








Have a relaxing Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments. I like knowing that I am talking to someone other than myself for a change.