Sunday, February 27, 2011

Torn ...


Have you ever been smack in the middle of a situation and your heart is torn in two different directions? No matter what decision you make you are going to feel bad and let someone down. No matter how hard you try you are not going to make everything work and you are going to end up disappointing somebody. I always want to do the right thing and sometimes it just is not possible. My family is the most important thing to me. My children should come first but there have been a few occasions in the last several months where I have put their feelings second and someone else’s feelings first. I explained to my son sometimes we need to make sacrifices for people that we care about and he understood the best way an eight year old could. I think it is important to teach my children compassion and patience. There are so many rude, self-centered people out there and I think it’s important to teach them to look at other people’s feelings first. I don’t want them to become doormats but I do want them to understand that it’s important to care about other people not only themselves.
I know that the choice my husband and I made was the right one for our family. I just feel terrible that I let someone down that I really care about. Sometimes I wish life was black and white and not so damn grey!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments. I like knowing that I am talking to someone other than myself for a change.