Friday, February 25, 2011

A Few New Things in My Etsy Shop …

Here are a few items I just added to my Etsy shop.


I wanted to try a new way showcase my art so I decided to make a few cute banners. The first banner I created has a little bit of a retro feel. I took a print of my original pastel and colored pencil drawling, “Green Pear” and built a fun banner around it. I took the print of the pear and hand sewed it to a vintage cookbook page. I then took the cookbook page and attached it to a piece of recycled cardboard with pumpkin orange thread. I added vintage sequins to the corners of the prints to give them a little sparkle. Lastly I strung vibrant red ribbon through the little pieces of art.





The next banner I did features my “Love Keeps Me Singing”, collage. I originally created this happy little collage to drown away the winter blues. The collage is a fun mix of brown paper bag, vintage book and music pages, beads, sequins, pictures of flowers from my yard, prints of my pink bird, pastels and colored pencils. I started creating this banner by hand sewing vintage music pages onto recycled cardboard. I then sewed the print of the collage onto the cardboard and decorated it with vintage beads and sequins. Lastly I strung white ribbon through the little pieces of art.






I also put a couple of my latest art creations onto cards.



I wanted to send out a quick thank you to Liz Revit. She always leaves the nicest comments on my blog and always has such encouraging words. If you have not been to her art blog, http://lizrevit.blogspot.com/ or her website, http://www.lizrevit.com/ take some time to catch up with this talented artist. Thank you Liz!!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments. I like knowing that I am talking to someone other than myself for a change.