Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Kaleidoscope Rooster on a Hill of Daisies


I finally have some new art to share!!! Meet my newest creation, "Kaleidoscope Rooster on a Hill of Daisies"!  It has been so long since I have sat and created anything! It felt so good! The kiddies were not home Sunday so I sat myself outside under our curly willow tree and painted all day. I started at 9:30 and finally finished at 5. There truly is nothing better than enjoying a quiet June day painting. The sun was shining, a light breeze was blowing, the birds were singing, I was surrounded by inspiration!

I have been very upset about Abbey going off to kindergarten in August, I am going to miss her so much. I have been a stay-at-home mom for a decade and now it is over. It's scary. I went from a college student to a mom in a blink of an eye and I have never had a career never had a chance to go for what I truly want. Honestly I think it has taken me the last ten years to figure out what I want. I finally have the confidence and desire to follow my dreams and I have a clear picture of what my dreams are. I have so many plans and ideas but as excited as I am I am also terrified. Taking the time to paint Sunday helped me realize that I am ready for the next step. It was so rewarding getting to do what I loved all day! I know that I will be heart broken when Abigail steps on the bus in August but at the same time I finally get to see what I can do.  








 Have a Wonderful Tuesday!!!



1 comment:

  1. Your work is beautiful--I love the bright, bold colors. I have started following your blog so that I could pop in often.

    Faye

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments. I like knowing that I am talking to someone other than myself for a change.