Saturday, February 25, 2012

Watercolor Collage-Orange-tip Butterfly Resting on a Magenta Zinnia



Hi, it has been quite awhile since I have posted anything new here on my blog! Life is finally starting to get back to normal, whatever normal is. This was the first week since the beginning of the new year that I was actually able to create a couple of days.



I have been experimenting quite a bit with watercolors and have finished several pieces. I love working with a new medium. It is fun challenging myself and working through new ideas.



The art I am sharing today is a watercolor collage. In the center of the art is a circular piece of watercolor paper featuring an orange-tip butterfly sitting on a magenta zinnia. A vintage book cover is the base of the art collage. I cut vintage book pages into a petal pattern and created a frame to go around the watercolor. Vintage purple thread was attached to the collage for easy hanging.






No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments. I like knowing that I am talking to someone other than myself for a change.