Sunday, February 26, 2012

A Robin and a Cherry Blossom ...



I wanted to share another watercolor painting this morning. A robin sitting on a cherry blossom branch. Robin’s have the prettiest singing voices and other than their colorful chests are a little drab so I decided to dress him up a bit in this painting.




Teal, blue, purple, orange, burgundy, grey, brown, and I few other colors I am sure I am leaving out decorate his colorful feathers. He is sitting on a cherry blossom branch just starting to bloom.




The watercolor is attached to a piece of mdf that I first painted white. After the white dried I added the orange stripes and then stained the piece with a burnt umber acrylic paint. The watercolor is mounted to the mdf with glue and with beautiful vintage decorative nails I purchased on Etsy from, sweetcindylouwho.





Have a beautiful Sunday!!!

2 comments:

  1. Heather, I love your painting! Forgive my ignorance, but what is an MDF?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Liz,

      It's sort like partical board, it is almost like saw dust that has been pressed together. The surface is really smooth and it is about an 1/2" thick. I like painting on it, I use it for most of my acrylic paintings.

      Have a great day, Heather

      Delete

I love reading your comments. I like knowing that I am talking to someone other than myself for a change.