Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Big Eyes ...



Hi I have been super busy getting ready for my show on Saturday. So far I have finished 3 new collages, 3 new paintings, and a couple of ornaments. I am really excited about the ornaments because they are made of 100% recycled materials. The card-stock is recycled paper; the backing is cardboard from cereal, tissue and other boxes. The ribbon and the string I am using were all purchased at flea markets or given to me. I was a little nervous about the paper quality but it is really beautiful. They can be used as ornaments, gift tags, or a little extra decoration on holiday gifts. Last year I used them to decorate my cookie bags that I gave to the kids teachers. I will be adding them to my Etsy shop after the show!

I wanted to share one of the paintings I completed Sunday. I love owls, obviously, but my favorite is the Saw Whet Owl. They are adorable. I saw a couple at a conservatory in Maine and fell in love. I wanted to grab one and bring it home with me. They are so tiny and they have the biggest eyes. I am hoping to do a series of paintings featuring this cute owl and this is my first. I love this painting so much I want to keep it.





I hope to stop by later in the week and share some more creations. Today I hope to finish a painting I started working on and begin my final one for the show. Tomorrow I am hoping to print out all my cards and package them, and Thursday I want to finish the ornaments and paint my display. I would love to squeeze in one more collage but I am not going to stress about it. Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments. I like knowing that I am talking to someone other than myself for a change.