Friday, September 23, 2011

Mushrooms and Butterflies ...


Well tomorrow is the Environmental Fair and unfortunately the weather is not looking very good. I hope by some miracle this silly rain decides to move off to sea and we wake up to bright blue skies. I have a few odds and ends to finish today. I have to finish pricing items, folding and packaging cards, put the finishing touches on a couple of necklaces, get together everything for set up, and complete the painting for the raffle. I have another painting that is 40% completed but I am not sure I will have time to complete it.





I have decided if it is down pouring in the morning I am not going to go. I have a lot of creations made out of paper and they would get ruined if they got wet or dropped on the ground. Before I start my crazy day I wanted to take a moment and share some of my newest paper creations with you.



Mushrooms and butterflies were the inspirations behind my newest recycled material collages. Paper bags, old book pages, sequins and thread from the flea market, frames donated from a friend, and of course colored pencil and pen were used to make the art. We have had a lot of rain lately and because of that beautiful mushrooms have been popping up all over the yard. And on days when the sun is finally out there are so many butterflies flying around the yard I thought bringing these two beauties together would be fun.


















































I will be putting my mushroom and butterfly art in the shop next week.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments. I like knowing that I am talking to someone other than myself for a change.