Wednesday, August 3, 2011

The Waiting Game...


The last couple of days I have been held prisoner by my phone. Yesterday I anxiously awaited a phone call from the insurance company because of the flood in the basement. Today I am eagerly awaiting a call from a cleanup company about the wet, humid, smelly, stupid basement. I have to take the phone with me everywhere. I held it while I swept, it followed me around the house while I cleaned, it went to the mailbox with me and waited patiently outside the shower on the windowsill. Not only am I lugging it everywhere but every so often I open it and make sure it is still on and make sure I didn’t miss the call. My phone is a piece of crap; it is on its last leg and can’t be trusted.

Along with being a prisoner to the phone I am stuck at home alone. The kids are staying at their grandparents until the basement gets looked at and poor Michael is on a business trip. I miss the kids but I don’t want them sleeping here until the basement is checked. I called their doctor yesterday and they said they should be fine but I don’t want their allergies to act up or get sick because of all the mold spores circulating downstairs.

So I am stuck at home playing the waiting game with a crappy phone, a broken washing machine, and a stinky wet basement. Thank you for listening to me whine. I would complain to the cat and dog but they are pretending to sleep so I don’t bug them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments. I like knowing that I am talking to someone other than myself for a change.