Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Follow your Yellow Brick Road



My newest painting “follow your yellow brick road” was inspired by memories from my childhood, my sister, and the belief that you can do anything if you believe in yourself.





When I was little our yard in the spring would be covered in dandelions. My sister and I would run around the yard pretending we were in the Wizard of Oz and the dandelion covered lawn was the famous yellow brick road. We would enjoy playing in the sea of yellow and after the flowers turned our own little snow storm. Dandelions bring back so many wonderful memories.










The two girls at the top of the hill represent my sister and me. We have taken very different yellow brick roads but have always been there to support each other and cheer each other on. Whenever anything new or exciting happens to me she is the first person I call. I am so proud of the women she has become. I am so lucky to have such a smart, loving, and supportive sister.











Enjoy the Dandelions!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments. I like knowing that I am talking to someone other than myself for a change.