Wednesday, February 9, 2011

A Tractor, an Owl, and some Berries …



If I had time for a hobby I would choose photography. I love wondering around out in nature and taking photos. I have no idea what I am doing I just like taking pictures of things I find interesting. A couple of weeks ago I escaped for a few hours and went exploring. I usually take the camera everywhere I go, but it is tough to relax and enjoy the peacefulness of it all when you have a duo of noise makers and professional question askers in the car.
I love anything rusty, old, or falling apart. I pulled over along the side of the road and took this picture. I think it’s so pretty.




My art has been going to the birds lately. I just think they are so beautiful and so much fun to create, especially owls. Their faces hold so much personality. This is a colored pencil and pastel drawling I completed on a brown paper bag. Brown paper bags have become my favorite paper to create on. It holds the pencil and pastels so well, plus it is very green oh and inexpensive. I also have a new Owl painting in the works and some fabulous Peacocks!





Here are a few pictures I took while wandering around a local park. It was such a peaceful and relaxing afternoon.







Have a great Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments. I like knowing that I am talking to someone other than myself for a change.