Friday, March 2, 2012

From Start to Finish in an Instant ...


I wanted to share the evolution of my latest Northern Saw Whet Owl drawing, in instagram. My materials included, a vintage encyclopedia cover (shown above), vintage tacks and a yellow book page from of course a vintage cook book. It has been so long since I worked with colored pencils I didn’t realize how much I missed them until I started creating.


Step 1, rip apart the encyclopedia and cut it to size. A great way to get some anger out!



Step 2, roughly outline the owl image in colored pencil.



Step 3, start coloring, my favorite part!





Step 4, spray the drawing with a protective varnish, my least favorite part, yuck!



Step 5, cut, measure, glue, and decorate the yellow paper. Glue the image on top and add the tacks.




Step 6, color the largest book cover with pastels, colored pencil, acrylic paint, and once again go outside and spray with protective varnish.

Step 7 put it all together!



Step 8, take some fabulous photos. That unfortunately did not happen I was missing one important material the sun. Hopefully I will get this cute owl in my shop once the sun decides to make an appearance.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments. I like knowing that I am talking to someone other than myself for a change.