Saturday, August 13, 2011

Rainbow Rooster in Florescent Pink Vintage Frame ...


Cheery, colorful, bright, vibrant, and glittery are a few adjectives Noah came up with to describe my latest creation. My newest piece of art is made up of recycled and vintage materials. The frame and sequences I purchased at a flea market, one of the books I used was purchased at the Salvation Army, the other was a book our local library was giving away, and the thread was part of a purchase from a vintage shop on Etsy.




Before I started creating the art piece I dyed some of the book pages. I mixed a little acrylic paint with water and hung the wet sheets from the laundry line to dry. After the pages were dry I sewed together the light teal sky and drew the fabulous flowers with a black marker.




The cheery rooster was created with vintage book pages, recycled card stock, pastels, colored pencil, and pen.



All the different parts of the collage have been sewed with vintage thread and glittery sequence.





The pretty vintage frame was originally painted gold. I repainted with a fun florescent pink.



I love creating collages, there are so many possibilities.




Here are the beautiful flowers and colors that inspired this rainbow colored piece of art.





Sunflowers ...






Zinnias and Black Eyed Suzannes ...













Coneflowers ...






Morning Glories ...






Impatiens ...





and Cosmos ...



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments. I like knowing that I am talking to someone other than myself for a change.