Thursday, August 25, 2011

New Finds...



Yesterday was a beautiful day at the flea market. The sun was shining, there was a comfortable breeze, and there were so many wonderful vintage things to look at.




I think these beautiful old hangers will be perfect to display Christmas ornaments or gift tags on at art shows.














For awhile I have been wanting to create some jewelry featuring prints of my art. I want to use vintage beads to create the necklaces. I found some pretty vintage necklaces at the flea market yesterday.

















If you look at my art you probably know I love birds especially owls. Yesterday I found some adorable owl pieces.






This beautiful cast iron owl was only a $1.00.






These fun owls are a little warn and have been glued more than once but I think they are too cute. They were also only $1.00!





















This unique owl vase was also a $1.00!






I saw this and pictured a colorful owl painted on it. I think it will make a wonderful canvas for my art.

If you are looking for more unique and fun vintage stop over and visit Coloradolady for Vintage Thingie Thursday.




3 comments:

  1. I remember when owls were all the thing. Your cute found ones are treasures. The price is right for all that charm. I think the piece of wood you found will be a great piece to paint. Enjoy.
    Hugs, Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the owl vase!!!!!! In the first picture it looks gorgeous with the flowers.
    The idea to use wooden hangers to display things is great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. amazing finds for a dollar, can't wait to see your drawing on the wood. have a great weekend. hugs.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments. I like knowing that I am talking to someone other than myself for a change.