Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Environmental Fair...




I am super excited about taking part in this event. It will be the first time in five years that I sell my items somewhere other than the Internet.


Much of the art I create is eco friendly. My drawings are usually completed on some type of recycled material, whether it is an old book page, a paper bag, or scraps of paper. I buy most of my materials for my collages at flea markets, the Salvation Army, Goodwill, or by begging family for things they are throwing or giving away. Everything from the canvases I paint on to the thread I use, to the materials I usually pack my sold pieces in are recycled. I have also decided when I order my new cards, envelopes, and card stock that they will be all made out of recycled materials. I love trees and if while creating my art I can save a few that would be amazing!

I have a lot of pieces I still want to create for the show including some jewelry featuring prints of my art, painting a few larger pieces including a vintage phone stand and headboard, some fall paintings, recycled paper ornaments and gift tags. I really need to get my butt in gear.

I hope everyone a safe and green Wednesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments. I like knowing that I am talking to someone other than myself for a change.