Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Wide Eyed Owl, art banner …


Things that make me happy, OWLS!



I love painting and drawing owls. I just think they are so beautiful. This adorable owl is modeled after the Northern Saw-whet Owl of North America. At the end of January I borrowed a bird book, well actually more like a bird encyclopedia from the library. I have renewed it three times because I can’t seem to get enough of the beautiful birds inside, especially the owls. The owl this little guy was modeled after is so cute. The owls look like they have huge sunglasses on; their faces are full of so much character.




The original piece was created with colored pencil, pastels, and pen on a vintage book page.



Have a great Night!

2 comments:

  1. I think they are fabulous, I love your rooster too. take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This banner is wonderful. The owls are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments. I like knowing that I am talking to someone other than myself for a change.