Wednesday, November 10, 2010

May All Your Christmas Dreams Come True …

I’m not sure if my Christmas dreams include a glass mug with Christmas balls and a winter scene in it, but I did have fun creating this piece. At first when I came up with the sketch I had peppermint candies filling the mug instead of Christmas balls, but I soon changed my mind. I hate painting the same thing over and over again. The thought of using red and white over and over bored me to tears. I love to use a lot of colors, bright colors, every color in the rainbow.

So what are my Christmas dreams …..

I would have to say that my first one would be for my children to have a magical and wonderful holiday. I have a feeling that this will be the last year Noah doesn’t question Santa, or at least I am hoping he still believes. There is just something magical about having little children around the holidays, they make it seem so innocent like anything is possible. Abbey keeps asking about Santa and when Christmas is coming, this is the first year where I think she understands the whole thing. It’s cute to see how excited she is getting. She is already singing Christmas songs. I just want my children’s Christmas memories to be as special as mine are to me. My parents always made the holidays such a magical time.

My second dream would have to be that everyone I love and care about has a happy, healthy, safe, and beautiful holiday. My parents are separated and my relationship with them is a little strained. Although I probably will not be with them over the holidays it doesn’t mean that I don’t hold them close to my heart and don’t want all the happiness in the world for them. I wish things were like they once were, but unfortunately I am not a little kid anymore and even magic can’t fix this. As a child they made sure I was happy, healthy, and safe and that is all I want for them. That is all I want for everyone.




Spending time with my husband and children would be my third dream. Life is always so hectic and sometimes it feels like if it wasn’t for dinner we would not get to see each other. I want to get to stop the craziness and enjoy being together. I love watching Michael get to spend time with the kids. He is so good with them, but he is always so busy with work that his time is limited. He takes vacation over the Christmas break so he is all ours from Christmas Eve until January second. I love when he is home with us.


I think my last dream would be to have a white Christmas. I don’t need the two plus feet we had in February, but six inches would be nice, just enough to build a snowman and make the Christmas lights glow.


I hope all of you Christmas dreams come true!





1 comment:

  1. Heather, this piece is beautiful. I love all the details, and I love the blue trees.

    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments. I like knowing that I am talking to someone other than myself for a change.