Monday, September 20, 2010

Orange House in Teacup ...

Fun, vibrant colors, and new paint were the inspiration behind this painting.




I don’t buy too many paint colors. I buy the basics and mix most of my colors. I had an art professor in college who beat that into our heads. She said real artist mix their own colors, even black they don’t buy it. I still mix my own black, but I have a bottle of it that I use occasionally, shhh don’t tell. When I was online buying my yellow ochre and white titanium I spotted a fabulous pink, Fluorescent Pink. I thought it be fun especially for Christmas balls and the occasional bright pop. I love the color and used it throughout this painting.




Like the rooster painting I sat outside on a blanket and enjoyed the beautiful summer weather while I created this piece. I just wanted to paint for fun, it was more like therapy than work.




Featured in the teacup is a whimsical little orange house with a black cat gazing out of one of the windows. A pretty pink brush tree, a glittery apple tree, and buttons complete the teacup. Hanging around the cup is a moon, sun, and star. I’ve decorated the flowers at the bottom of the painting with buttons.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments. I like knowing that I am talking to someone other than myself for a change.