Sunday, December 6, 2009

Sometimes it's the Little Things .....


It’s amazing how the little things can make all the difference. For the past week I have been uninspired, depressed, very much like the Grinch or Scrooge. My plan for the week was to decorate for the holidays and begin a few new art pieces. I love decorating for the holidays, getting to pull out all my vintage decorations I’m like a kid with toys and this week it felt more like a chore. I tried several times to sit and put together some sketches for up coming projects and all I drew was frustration and blanks. Little mole hills were mountains and my poor husband had to deal with an emotional basket case. The worst part was I couldn’t figure out why. Nothing was different; nothing bad happened I was just miserable. So Friday I went and got my hair cut. I haven’t gone in seven months. I am a stay at home mom and I think one of the drawbacks of that is I always put myself at the bottom of the list. My children, my husband, the house, my art, and the yard everything is more important and by the time I have time for myself I’m exhausted. I love my life but sometimes you lose your self, you become miserable and I think that is what happened to me. Instead of loving what I do I was getting tired of what I do. It’s truly amazing how an hour and a half at a salon can change everything. I know getting my hair cut is a little thing but sometimes those are what matter the most.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments. I like knowing that I am talking to someone other than myself for a change.