Friday, August 31, 2012

Shopping!

Wednesday was the first chance I had all summer to go to the local flea market. I was on a mission to find rusty nails, vintage tacks, thread and old books. I have loved going to flea markets ever since I was a kid. I loved looking at the old clothing and jewelry and I would put together fabulous rooms in my head. When I went to my senior prom I carried a vintage purse, wore vintage lace gloves, and an antique necklace that was my great-grandmothers. I much rather wonder around an outdoor market than go to the mall, where else can you spend less than $10.00 and get everything you are looking for?!?

I found a fabulous book for $2.00. It is from 1952, and in great condition. I love drawing on old book pages and using the paper in my collages. After getting it home though I am not sure if I can do that? It is filled with amazing illustrations. The art has that kitsch look and now I am not sure what I want to do with the book!?!



Next I purchased the thread and the adorable black cat, the price $1.00!!!! I use vintage thread to sew my art together and well I love black cats. The deep pink and the brilliant blue thread will fit in nicely with some of the pieces I have planned.




Finally I found and purchased the rusty nails, upholstery tacks, and hooks, $1.00! And the Peter Pan jar filled with rusty nails $1.00! For $5.00 I found everything I was looking for!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments. I like knowing that I am talking to someone other than myself for a change.