Thursday, April 5, 2012

Happy April!!!!


Happy April! I know I am a little late in saying that but life has been busy and I have not had a chance to pop in. I wanted to share a sneak peek at a new recycled material collage I started working on yesterday. No birds in this one unless you consider chicks and hens birds. I sat in the sun and drew a boot. Not overly exciting but the image of the finished piece of art in my head is unique and different so I can’t wait to finish this “Boot” art.
 
My husband has 3 pairs of work boots given to him from his father and well my husband is not a work boot kind of guy. Which was great for me I had my pick of 6 different models. I drew the boot on a brown paper bag with colored pencils.
I am helping put together an art show at Abbey’s preschool and one of the crafts we are going to have available for the children to do is to decorate a flower pot for their moms for Mother’s Day. I planted the Zinnia seeds last week and they are starting to peek through. Today the kiddies and I are going to start our flower and veggie seeds.
 
This was my birthday present, a little green house to start seeds in. It is so nice to have a place to put the seeds other than all over the kitchen and the dining room! We will take it down during the summer and put it back up next fall, to grow lettuce and other cool weather veggies. I know it doesn’t take much to make me happy!
Here is Isabel; I had to give her a bath yesterday. She once again found something she thought made her smell fabulous and made me cringe. I searched the yard for any casualties but I found nothing. I have no idea what she found to roll in, I hope whatever it was is gone.
 

I guess she is trying to rub off the shampoo smell!

Before I began my boot yesterday I sat on the porch and began a new acrylic painting. I didn’t get as far as I hoped. I really need to buy new paint. I am out of two primary colors and white. I hope the Easter Bunny brings me a basket of paint.


I am going to be listing a new piece of art in my Etsy shop today. Another butterfly collage. It has been to long since I have listed anything new, I really need to make time to create more!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments. I like knowing that I am talking to someone other than myself for a change.