Saturday, November 21, 2009

Vintage Stocking Painting


Yesterday I finished painting my latest holiday creation, the “Vintage Stocking”. I love vintage decorations. Well actually anything old. Everything from textiles to jewelry, to pottery and furniture if its old, cracked and weathered I love it. My perfect Saturday would be wading my way through boxes and tables at the local antique market.
This year my vintage holiday ornaments have been the inspiration for my paintings and cards. When I was a child my sister and I would help decorate my great grandmother’s house. Her Christmas ornaments hold a very special place in my heart. In this painting I have featured the skier. He has such a cute warm face and the oddest legs. They are very much like pipe cleaners, I think. Below are some of my favorite images from the painting. You can find my painting for sale now at my etsy shop, blueeyeddragonfly.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments. I like knowing that I am talking to someone other than myself for a change.